Similar to fashion, there are also hot trends in hair and makeup that women follow. When it comes to hairstyles, lobs and long bobs or bobs have become the in thing to do. There are only a few months left for the year 2015 and these two hairstyles are still very much stylish.
But what if you would like to change things up a bit without giving your hair a major makeover? It’s all about switching things up using a few do-it-yourself hairdos, which you can do in just fifteen minutes or less. Find out what these styles are in the next section.
8 DIY Fall Hairdos Ready in 15 Minutes
For the fall season, you are bound to enjoy the outdoors with activities like apple picking, pumpkin picking or having an end-of-summer hike. You could also be attending weddings and other social gatherings to take full advantage of the not-too-cold and not-too-warm climate. Instead of putting your hair up, here are the top ten DIY hairdos that you can easily finish in less than fifteen minutes, which are perfect for the fall season:
#1 Braided Bun
This is perfect for women with mid-length to long hair, and is a style frequently worn by Hollywood celebs. Here are the directions to come up with a braided bun hairstyle that’s perfect for the fall season:
- Part your hair to one side. From your cheeks to the line along your ear, leave the front section of your hair undone. You will use this section later for the bun.
- Next, braid the thicker part of your hair at the back of your neck as usual. Secure the end using a clear elastic or a hair tie that matches the color of your hair.
- Bringing the braided part of your hair forward, wrap it around one side of your neck, right behind the ear.
- After turning the braided part of your hair into a bun, secure the ends with bobby pins. Make sure that the hair elastic is not showing.
- Finally, lightly twist the undone part of your hair going towards the back and around the bun, using bobby pins to secure it as you go. This will create a braided bun at one side of the back of your head, which is a truly romantic hairstyle for fall.
#2 Big Side French Braid
For a truly unique hairdo for fall, go with the big side French braid hairstyle. Sleep with your hair in buns the previous night so that you can have big, curly hair the following morning. Once dry, tease the entire section, paying attention to the front part because that is where you will have a big pouf prior to making the braid. Check out the next set of steps:
- Create a small pouf at the front of your head and secure it with bobby pins.
- Next, use your fingers to comb through your hair and divide into three sections so that you can create a big French braid on the side. Continue braiding until you reach the end, then secure the tail with a hair elastic.
#3 Double Braided Headband
If you’d like to feel utterly feminine or if you are attending a wedding, you can create a double braided headband on top of your head. Here’s how to do it:
- Using the pointy end of a hair brush, part the front section of your hair and secure the back using bobby pins. Take small sections of hair from your forehead to form a secure braid on the side of your face. The braid should go from the center of your face towards one ear. Secure the end using hair elastic.
- Do a duplicate of the first braid by taking a section of hair right next to the first one that you did. Also secure the end of the braid using hair elastic.
- Then, you can do the usual ponytail on your hair with the front sides done with a double braided headband. You can put the ponytail at the back of your head, on the side, or put the rest of your hair up on a messy chignon or topknot.
#4 Easy Chignon
If you’re attending a quite formal dinner with friends or your significant other and you would like to update your look, go for an easy chignon. Here’s how to do it:
- Separate the front section of your hair starting from the front, going forward from your ears.
- Tease the back section to get plenty of volume and use a styling product if necessary.
- Once you get the volume that you like, twist one side of your hair then pin it. Continue creating a bun at het back of your head, using bobby pins as you go. Finish up with a little bit of hairspray to secure the chignon.
#5 Half Up Crisscross Style
To add that instant glam to your look this fall, go for the half up crisscross hairstyle. This works for both long and medium length hair. Using the pointy end of a hairbrush, separate the front section of your hair so that you can come up with the half-up hairdo. Tie the back part of your lock temporarily using an elastic. Then, follow the next steps:
- Tease the upper half of your hair and secure with a pin in the middle part of the back of your head to come up with a mini-pouf.
- Then, pull a small section of hair from the front of your face towards the back. Secure with a bobby pin.
- Do the same thing on the other side, making sure that the hair is combed smooth. Also secure with a bobby pin.
- Finger comb the rest of your hair which is left down, the use a brush to smooth over the top part of your hair. You can use hair accessories or leave it as is.
#6 Half Up Dutch Side Braid
Braids always add a touch of whimsy and romance to your look, making it the perfect hairstyle to have for fall. What about going for the half up Dutch side braid hairstyle? Here are the steps to follow for it:
- Do a Dutch or inside-out braid down one side of your face. Leave out your bangs if you have them, or braid all the way down. You can secure the tail of the braid with a hair elastic.
- Next, tease your locks beginning with the hair right behind the braid that you just created. Do this all the way back to where you will be securing the hairstyle with bobby pins.
- You can either do another braid on the other side of your head or simply pull a small section of hair. Pull it over towards the first braid, securing the two together using bobby pins. This will create a half-up, half-down hairdo which is secured with a braid that will add that instant touch of romance to your look.
#7 Headband Bun
Next, there’s the easy headband bun which can be dressed up for formal occasions, or dressed down for casual occasions. Add some volume to the top of your head by teasing using a fine-toothed comb. Then, follow these steps:
- Smooth over the top of your head after creating volume, then do a half-up hairdo which you can secure at the back of your head using bobby pins.
- Next, separate the remaining hair that’s left down into three sections. The middle section, you can twist into a bun at the back of your head. The remaining two sections at the sides of your neck should be braided all the way down. Secure the tail with a hair elastic.
- Take one braid and wrap it around the bun, securing with bobby pins as you go. Do the same thing with the other braid.
- For a casual look, you can leave it plain. For a more feminine look, you can use a pretty headband which you can wrap around your head.
#8 Messy Side Bun
If your hair is on the short side, don’t worry because you can vary your look with something like a messy side bun. Here’s how it works:
- Do a full tease of your hair from the top of your head going all the way down the entire middle section. Do the same thing on the sides, applying dry shampoo or hairspray as you go along.
- Next, leave a small section of hair to one side of your face. The remaining section, you can pull from the side towards the middle part at the back of your head, securing with bobby pins.
- Create a ponytail that goes to one side of your head. Create the messy bun part by pinning the ends of the ponytailed section of your hair up using bobby pins.
- You can now deal with the remaining front section of your hair, which you can also pull then pin towards the messy bun.
- Finally, twist the remaining section of your hair from the front towards the back, again going to the direction of the messy bun.
- Smooth out the top part of your hair using a comb, but leave the side bun as messy as you’d like. Accessorize with a pair of big or dangling earrings and have fun with your new look!
Last Updated on