It’s the day when a nation pauses to honor all those who have served in their armed forces. As a veteran, you’re proud of your service to your country – and your country is proud of you. On Veterans Day that pride will be expressed in hundreds of ways up and down the United States and for many businesses eager to show their appreciation and respect that will take the form of Veterans Day discounts.
In this guide...
Claiming Veterans Day Discount Offers
We tracked down some of the big Veterans Day offers, but there are sure to be local businesses who will offer Veterans Day deals. Be ready to claim your discounts by taking along your military ID card or some other proof of service.
Before attempting to claim any Veterans Day offers be sure that the business accepts your form of ID. For example, proof of membership of a Veterans Service organization may not be as readily accepted as your military ID.
Free Stuff (Other Than Food)
Free Day Trips and Outings
Check out all the favorite day-trip destinations near you. Zoos, aquariums, museums, wildlife parks, amusement parks, and other fun day-trip destinations will be offering free admission on the 11th of November. Since it’s a holiday anyway, why not take the kids out for a treat?
Free B&B Overnight Stays
B&Bs for Vets has an extensive listing of B&Bs that are offering a free night to veterans on or near Veterans Day. This could be a good time to go and visit your family – or to attend a Veterans Day event you otherwise wouldn’t have been able to support. To find out whether the B&Bs still have a free Veterans Day room available, you will need to contact them directly.
Two Free Nights at Westgate Resorts
There are 1,500 free Westgate Resort Holidays up for grabs if you’re in active service or a veteran. The event runs until the 11th of November – or when all 1,500 holidays have been claimed. The free holidays cover a party of four for two nights at the Kissimmee, FL Westgate Resorts. If you missed out on the freebies, think it over anyway – all veterans get a 10% discount.
Free Book Download
Jean Chatzky, NBC financial editor offers the book Operation Money: A Financial Guide for Military Service Members and Families as a free download on Amazon – but only on Veteran’s Day. So, if you’d like some savvy financial advice from someone who isn’t trying to make money from you, this is your chance.
Sports Clips will continue its tradition of offering free haircuts to active service personnel and vets. All they need to do is bring along their ID card. Encourage friends and family to go for paid haircuts – Sports Clips will donate $1 from every paid haircut towards its military scholarship fund.
Great Clips also offers free haircuts, but the gift isn’t limited to Veterans Day freebies. You can stop by on the 11th to pick up a free haircut voucher that stays valid until December. Non-veterans can go for a paid haircut and claim a free haircut card they can gift to a veteran.
Get a Free Carwash
Thousands of car washes around the US have teamed up to offer free car washes to veterans on the 11th. Could there be one near you? Visit the Grace for Vets website to find the list of participating businesses.
Veterans Day Discounts
With military discounts being a hot favorite with many brands and stores all year round, it’s no surprise the Veterans Day deals offer an even wider choice of money-savers. Be alert for Veterans Day only discounts to extend your repertoire of discounts and savings.
- Home Depot offers military discounts all year for those in active service but extends its military discount to veterans on the 11th of November.
- Mattress Firm: get your mattress’s price discounted by 20% between the 9th and the 12th of November.
- Oakley Sunglasses always has military discounts but offers additional ones on Veterans Day.
- Publix offers 10% off grocery items on Veterans Day.
- Target will be offering a 10% military discount from the 4th to the 12th of November.
- Tractor Supply Company is offering a 15% discount for those in military service, military veterans with proof of service, and their dependents.
- Under Armor will be increasing its regular 10% military and veterans discount to 15% during Veterans Day week.
- Food, food and more food: Eat out this Veterans Day. Restaurants around the country are offering everything from seriously deep discounts to free-with-purchase dishes to anyone with a valid military or veteran’s ID. Restaurants will be eager to secure the Veterans Day family outing, so phone your favorites to hear what they can offer.
Food and Beverage Special Mentions
Just to get your appetite going, here are some of the offers from the big names. Your local pubs, restaurants, and diners will surely be giving their best too. You can begin your search for Veterans Day free meals or discounted meals with these go-anywhere brands.
- Free Starbucks tall coffee – will you turn that down?
- Free donut from Dunkin Donuts – that’s sweet of them!
- Chipotle says buy one and you’ll get one free.
- Friendly’s offers free breakfast lunch or dinner to military ID card holders on the 11th.
- Hooters offers a free veterans’ day meal, too.
- Buffalo Wild Wings offers you free wings plus fries on the 11th if you have the right ID.
Check Out Local Veterans Day Discounts
Small and medium businesses operating in your local area are the backbone of the US economy, and these smaller businesses will offer their thanks to veterans in the form of discounts and free gifts. Don’t miss out on the action. As a veteran, the celebration is about you and your comrades-in-arms, so make it happen on Veterans Day.
Like this article? Pin it!