It’s nearly that time of year again. Amazon Prime Day 2019 is just around the corner, and you best be prepared. This year’s Prime Day promises to be bigger and better than ever with more deals, more dates, and more savings on offer.To help you savvy shoppers make the most of this money-saving opportunity, we’ve put together this complete guide to all you need to know about Amazon Prime Day. Just read on and we’ll give you the rundown!
In this guide...
- What Is Amazon Prime Day?
- When Is Prime Day 2019?
- How Long Is Amazon Prime Day 2019?
- Is Amazon Prime Day Only for Prime Members?
- What Deals Do You Expect During Prime Day 2019
- Best Early Prime Day Deals
- Prime Day Sales Compared to other Shopping Holidays (2018 stats)
- How to Make the Most of Amazon Prime Day 2019
What Is Amazon Prime Day?
Prime Day is an Amazon-only discount holiday that rolls around once every summer. For one day only, Amazon shoppers can purchases over a million products at heavily discounted rates.
The first Prime Day ever was announced back in 2015 to honor Amazon’s 20th anniversary. The event was a huge hit, so of course, Amazon has brought it back annually ever since.
Prime Day has been good to Amazon, generating huge sales (over $1 billion in 2018), increased revenue, andsurging stock prices. But even more so, it’s been good to us discount hunters.
It’s well up there with Black Friday and Cyber Monday as one of the most important dates to add to yourshopping calendar. If you plan on buying Amazon tech products, in particular, this is the day to do it as those are the kinds of products that are most heavily discounted.
So when should you pencil it in for? Let’s find out.
When Is Prime Day 2019?
- Amazon Prime Day Date: July 15
- Amazon Prime Day Start Time:2:59 am ET, July 15
- Amazon Prime End Time: 2:59 am ET, July 17
Amazon has confirmed that Amazon Prime Day 2019 will start on July 15th. That’s a Monday if you haven’t checked your calendar – and as we know, there’s no better way to kick off your week than with a bunch of savings!
If you like music and free stuff, another date to pencil into your calendar would be July 10th, 9:00 pm ET, as that’s the date of the free Prime Day Concert 2019. Prime members can watch Taylor Swift perform with other popular artists for free via Prime Video.
Amazon Prime Day always occurs in mid-July. In case you’re interested, here are the dates of the previous Prime Days.
- Prime Day 2018: Monday, July 16
- Prime Day 2017: Monday, July 10
- Prime Day 2016: Tuesday, July 12
- Prime Day 2015: Wednesday, July 15
How Long Is Amazon Prime Day 2019?
Amazon Prime Day 2019 will be the longest one yet. The whole event will last for 48 hours, so I guess it’s not really a day at all – more like 2 days!
This continues a trend: Amazon Prime Days have been getting longer and longer since they first started. In 2017, it lasted 30 hours. Last year, that rose to 36 hours. Now, we’re at 48 hours – who knows how long it will last next time!
Is Amazon Prime Day Only for Prime Members?
Yes, you’ll need to be a Prime member to take advantage of exclusive Prime Day deals. All of the following Prime membership types are included:
- Monthly/annual memberships
- Student memberships
- Household memberships
- Free trial memberships
The good news is that you don’t necessarily have to fork out anything to access the event, you can just sign up for a free 30-day Prime membership trial period. Prime day is in less than 20 days, and the trial lasts for 30, so go ahead and sign up right now.
Bear in mind that you’ll have to make sure you cancel it before the trial period is up, otherwise your card will be charged the monthly/annual membership fee.
If you’re not eligible for a free trial for whatever reason, your best bet is to opt for a monthly subscription and to cancel it after one month.
What Deals Do You Expect During Prime Day 2019
Based on previous years, the best Amazon dealsare going to be on Alexa-enabled devices and other Amazon products. We’re talking about gadgets like Echo devices, Fire Sticks, Cloud Cams – that kind of thing. Last year, for example, Echo Show prices dropped from $229.99 to $129.99.
Aside from Amazon products, there are a few other ‘hot product categories’ that tend to see the biggest discounts – don’t forget abour Amazon Discount Finder tool. With that in mind, here are a few ideas of what to buy on Amazon Prime Day:
- Apple products
- Home and smart devices
Best Early Prime Day Deals
Can’t wait another couple of weeks? Don’t worry, you don’t have to.
Amazon has launched a few early Prime Day deals ahead of the event. We’ve sorted through them and cherry-picked the best of them to help you to get your hands on best deals as early as possible. Here they are:
- Toshiba Fire Tv Edition$17999 (40% off)
- Amazon Cloud Cam $89 99 (25% off)
- Amazon Music Unlimited 4 months for $099
- Rent Us for $3
Prime Day Sales Compared to other Shopping Holidays (2018 stats)
Amazon Prime Day sales in 2018 were there biggest ever, reaching $4.19 billion, almost $1.8 billion more than the year prior.
Here’s how it compared to other shopping holidays in 2019 (ranked):
- Singles’ Day Sales – $30.8b
- Cyber Monday Sales – $7.9b
- Black Friday Sales – $6.22b
- Prime Day Sales – $4.19b
- Thanksgiving Sales – $3.7b
- Super Sunday – $3.4b
- Small Business Saturday – $3b
As you can see, it was already giving Black Friday a run for its money. Maybe this year sales will surpass it entirely.
How to Make the Most of Amazon Prime Day 2019
Before we wrap up, here are some of my top tips on how to make the most of Amazon Prime Day:
- Get your trigger finger ready.The best bargains (especially lightning deals) are limited and sell out quickly, so be ready to make your purchase as soon as you get notified of a deal.
- Get Alexa-exclusive deals.Shop through Alexa to get access to even more exclusive deals.
- Get the app.The Amazon app allows you to get a sneak peek of deals a week before they go on sale. Plus, you’ll get a $10 bonus for signing up.
- Set up wishlist notifications.Amazon notifies you if any of the products in your wish list go on sale.
- Shop around.Amazon’s biggest rivals (like eBay, Target, and Walmart) are launching their own sale events in July to compete, so shop around for the best deals!
- Sign up for the Amazon Prime Credit Card.These cards earn you cash back on your purchases, plus they also come with a free $70 gift card.
- Use gift cards.If you don’t have a lot of cash, you might still be able to take advantage of deals by cashing in your free Amazon gift cards.
That’s all you need to know about Amazon Prime Day 2019 – make sure you make the most of it!
What bargains have you landed in previous Amazon Prime Day sales? Let us know in the comments!
Like this article? Pin it!
Last Updated on