Game of Thrones is one of the greatest shows on TV, and its spooky themes fit perfectly during the Halloween season. Once you brush up on our 50 money-saving tips for Halloween, why not throw a DIY Game of Thrones-themed party?
1. Make your own Game of Thrones party invitations.
All you need is to download this template, print it, burn the paper’s edge for a vintage effect and then seal it with some wax. Soooo cheap and easy!
2. Creepify your door with this goth-inspired wreath.
You can’t actually send a raven to invite your friends to the party, but at least one can greet them at your door. Get the directions from here.
3. Create paper dragons for your DIY projects.
BONUS: For a more 3D effect learn how to make origami dragons.
4. Make your own dragon egg box.
A dragon box is super expensive if you buy it from the store. Use this step-by-step tutorial to make one without breaking the bank.
Still over your budget? A cheaper alternative is to replace the box with a basket.
5. Learn how to make an epic Iron Throne.
Everyone at your party gets to be King or Queen of the Seven Kingdoms for a day with the DIY Iron Throne. Get the directions here.
6. Give your home a medieval touch with these Game of Thrones flags.
These flags represent all of the families of the Seven Kingdoms, and it’s cheap and easy to make.
7. Light up your party with these spooktacular candle holders!
Light up the night with these medieval-style candle holders. Your guests will feel like they are staying in a castle. Learn how to make them here.
8. Prepare the perfect deviled dragon eggs.
What better Game of Thrones themed snack than “dragon” eggs? You can get the recipe and instructions on how to make them here.
9. Terrify your guests with these morbid delicious Ned Stark cake pops.
If your friends have a dark sense of humor, these Ned Stark cake pops are grotesque but so yummy. Get the directions on how to make them here.
10. Celebrate Halloween by drinking White Walker shots.
These vanilla milkshake vodka shots are cold, creamy, and totally delicious. They’ll really get the party started. Get the recipe here.
11. Use this super easy technique to make dragon scales on your cake.
You will seriously impress your friends if you serve them this dragon scale cake. They may even bend the knee. Get the recipe here.
12. Make your own Game of Thrones toppers.
Simply brilliant way to decorate your cupcakes. With some cheap supplies, you can make some stunning toppers! Get the full tutorial from here.
13. Use cauliflower to make some tasty Weirwood trees steaks.
For those of you who are fans of the books, you’ll know the significance of the Weirwood trees, and they’re easy to make with cauliflower. Get the recipe here.
14. Take out your Game of Thrones anger on this King Joffrey!
Who doesn’t hate King Joffrey? If you can set up archery in your backyard, it is a seriously entertaining activity. Get the poster from here.
15. Pin these posters in your garden to bring some Winterfell feeling.
Arya may have become a lone wolf, but these posters are creative and fun homage to House Stark. Get the poster from here.
16. Entertain your kids with fire-breathing dragons made out of toilet paper rolls.
Maybe your kids have never seen Game of Thrones, but that doesn’t mean they can’t enjoy the fun. Get the tutorial for these party favors here.
If you are looking for more tips on hosting your own themed party on a budget, be sure to check out our guide for more DIY party ideas.
Like this article? Pin it!