No matter which way you look at it, cooking at home is the most economical way to go. But parents need a break from the kitchen sometimes, and everyone needs a change of routine now and then. There are a lot of restaurants that have kids eat free specials, and you can always phone around to find out what’s available. Start by saving time and money by checking a list of places with children’s offers.
Before you head off to take advantage of one of these offers, just call ahead and make sure the offer is valid. Not all franchises will opt to run a special, or they might have chosen to adopt a variation on the theme. Use this list as a starting point and take it from there.
Always check the T&C. You may have to spend a certain amount or order entrees before qualifying.
… Or Get the App
Because there’s a fair amount of variation between offers, even when looking at different branches of the same chain, you can make life easier by getting an app that helps you find restaurants near you with kids’ free meal specials.
Restaurants to Put on Your Watch List
Mondays (and Sometimes Extra Days Too)
Mondays and Tuesdays are popular times for kids’ meal specials. It’s a time when restaurants are looking for additional custom, and you may get other specials too. Instead of eating out on the weekend, consider choosing a Monday or Tuesday for the widest range of children’s specials and free meals.
- Adam’s Rib Barbeque – Some branches offer one free kiddie meal for every dine-in table on Mondays.
- Austin Grill and Austin Java – Find out whether your branch offers the Tuesday free kids’ meal special.
- Backyard Burger – You might get lucky with a Tuesday special at Backyard Burger.
- Beef O’Brady’s – Tuesdays could see your kids getting the full Monty free – including dessert.
- Bennigan’s – Tuesday is the day you could eat out with the family for less thanks to a free kids’ meal offer after 4 PM.
- Brewzzi – Find out if your local Brewzzi is offering two free kids’ meals on Mondays or Tuesdays when parents spend $12 or more.
- Captain D’s – Tuesdays and Thursdays are the days to watch for free meals.
- Chartroose Caboose – Ask about free kids’ meals on Sundays and Mondays.
- Cici’s Pizza – Most branches allow kids under 3 to have a free slice of pizza from the buffet. Admittedly, that’s not a huge saving, but some branches also allow bigger kids a free meal on certain evenings.
- Cinzetti’s – If your local branch offers free kids’ meals, chances are, it’s Monday and/or Tuesday.
- Cody’s Original Roadhouse – Who doesn’t have fond memories of roadhouse fare from their own childhood years? You could get up to 2 free kids’ meals on Mondays or Tuesdays.
- Denny’s – This kiddies’ promo is only offered by participating branches, and each branch decides how and when to run it. Mondays are popular since it’s a quiet evening for most restaurants.
- Fuddruckers – It’s not free, but at $0.99 at participating branches, it’s a steal!
- Genghis Grill – Tuesday dinner at the grill qualifies you for free food for under-11s.
- Golden Corral – Kids under three eat free anytime, and many branches offer a Monday special of up to two kids’ menu items free.
- Jason’s Deli – If there’s a kids’ offer, it will usually be on a Sunday or Monday.
- Islands Restaurants – Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are the days often targeted for free kids’ options.
- Locos Grill and Pub – Find out about free kids’ food from Locos. Most branches have a Monday offer.
- Lonestar Steakhouse – Get two free kids’ meals per adult meal on Tuesdays.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill – Monday could be your lucky day at Moe’s.
- Norm’s Restaurants – Kids under ten can eat free on Tuesdays.
- O’Charley’s – Monday free kids’ meal specials are offered at participating branches.
- Planet Sub – Tuesdays and Sundays, you can get a free kid’s meal with every adult meal purchased.
- Qdoba Mexican Grill – If there’s a kids eat free special, it’s usually run on Wednesdays or Sundays.
- Rock Bottom Café – Specials are often offered on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- TC Hooligans – Ask about free kids’ burger, fries and drink specials on Mondays.
- Texas Roadhouse – Free meal offers are usually targeted for Tuesdays. Not all branches participate, so do check.
Every Day, or Almost Every Day
- IHOP – Not all branches offer kids’ specials, but many of those that do offer free kids’ menu meals every evening. Call ahead to check.
- KC Masterpiece – Mondays to Thursdays you have a good chance of getting free kiddie meals.
- Piccadilly – Free meals for kids under 6 are available from Mondays through Saturdays.
- S&S Cafeterias – Sign your kids up for the club and qualify for full kids’ meals including beverages for $0.99. OK, it’s not entirely free, but that’s an excellent offer, especially when you consider that many free offers don’t include the beverage.
- Arriba Mexican Grill – Why not eat Mexican food this Sunday? Check if your kids qualify for a free meal.
- Dickey’s Barbecue Pit – Be there on Sundays for free meals for kids under 12.
- Go Roma – 2 kids eat free with every adult meal on Sundays.
- Holiday Inn – Find out about Saturday and Sunday meals with kids. Chances are, they’ll be eating free.
- Hooters – Kids eat free all Sunday.
- Steak’ N Shake – Every $9 you spend on Saturdays and Sundays qualifies you for a free kids’ meal.
- Tony Roma’s – Eat out on Sunday and your kids get to tuck into free kids’ meals.
Saturdays seem to be the most difficult days to find free kids’ meals, but who says you have to eat out on a Saturday? No matter when you do spoil yourself and the kids to a restaurant meal, look for free options first. Why pay more when you can pay less?
Pin it for later: